Our RRP TrainingsWe offer the following Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) training options. Read through to decide which option is best for you, and then register online. Our training is certified by the state of RI and accredited by the EPA. We are one of the few training providers in RI offering dual certification.
RRP Initial In-Person (8 hours) (As of 9/1/11 we are no are no longer affiliated with RRP Initial Online Training.)
Interactive RRP training led by a skilled instructor.
Refresher (4 hours)
You must meet specific eligibility requirements to take this training. If you do not meet these requirements, you must take the 8-hour Initial RRP training instead.
The 4-hour RRP Refresher training is designed for two different groups of people: RI contractors who need to renew their Lead-Safe Remodeler/License, and non-RI contractors who need RRP certification from EPA and have previous certification in lead-safe work practices, as detailed below.
If you work in Rhode Island, you may take the Refresher if you already hold a valid Lead-Safe Remodeler/Renovator, Lead Abatement Worker, or Lead Supervisor License from the RI Department of Health. If you work in Rhode Island and do not have one of these licenses, you are not yet eligible to take the Refresher and must successfully complete the 8-hour Initial RRP training instead.
If you work in a state other than RI, you may take the Refresher if you have successfully completed one of the following training courses. Be sure to check with the state government where you are working to find out whether there are additional requirements you need to meet.
- Abatement worker or supervisor course accredited by EPA, or an EPA authorized State or Tribal program.
- Joint EPA-HUD Lead Safety for Remodeling, Repair and Painting, 2003 (EPA 747-B-03-001).
- EPA Model Training Course Minimizing Lead-Based Paint Hazards During Renovation, Remodeling, and Painting, 2000 (EPA 747-B-00-005).
- HUD Addressing Lead-Based Paint Hazards During Renovation, Remodeling and Rehabilitation in Federally Owned and Assisted Housing Course.
- HUD Lead-Based Paint Training for Remodelers and Renovators Course.
Proof of the above certification is required to take the Refresher training!
This course is for contractors who have become EPA Certified Renovators by taking the EPA RRP course out of state, and would like to begin working in Rhode Island.
More InformationCheck out the following pages for more information about the RRP Rule in Rhode Island, further details about our trainings, and what it means for contractors to comply with this important requirement.